Why should you pay for treadmill assembly?
Good question. Paying $1,000 or more for a treadmill is a pretty hefty bill. Then you need to decide whether paying an additional $150 to $300 for assembly is worth it. So often the free shipping offered by many online treadmill retailers seems like such a good deal – why ruin it paying for some premium assembly service? Simply put, to save yourself some big problems.
- Better odds your treadmill will be put together properly when assembled by a professional. I know I’d be clueless whether I assembled a treadmill correctly. I would probably end up with extra bolts and other pieces – not a good situation when I’ll be running 6 miles per hour on a belt that if malfunctioned could launch me backwards.
- Assembly includes having your treadmill placed in a room of your choice. Don’t ruin your back moving your treadmill throughout your home – especially up or down stairs. Most quality, heavy duty treadmills weigh more than 200 pounds and are bulky.
- Save yourself assembly frustration. For handy people who like putting complicated equipment and furniture together AND have the needed tools, treadmill assembly will be fun. For the rest of us who dread spending hours and lose months off our life from the stress of treadmill assembly – the cost is well worth it.
- Look at the assembly cost (usually $150 to $300) in relation to the value of the treadmill. If your treadmill costs $300, chances are it’s relatively simple to put together and may not warrant a $150 assembly cost. However, if your treadmill costs $1,600, it’s probably a complex machine and is worth spending an extra $150 to $300 for professional assembly.
- Do you have the tools needed? If not, you’ll end up spending money and time on tools you may never use again.
- Get your treadmill up and running right away. There is no doubt stories of people who bought a treadmill only to have it sit in a box for months.
This is no doubt an exhaustive list. Do you want more reasons to pay for treadmill assembly? Read the Amazon.com treadmill reviews – there are many frustrated accounts of dealing with curbside and treadmill assembly suffered by other treadmill customers.
When not to pay for treadmill shipping?
- If your treadmill purchase is a light-weight manual treadmills costing less than $500, then curbside delivery probably is fine. They’re lighter and simpler to assemble.
- If you’re very handy and have all the tools needed to assemble a treadmill, then go for it. If you have trouble putting together an Ikea bookshelf, I suggest pay the extra assembly cost – if you bought a higher-end treadmill.
- You have absolutely no more money.
How much does treadmill assembly cost?
Assembly costs range from $150 to $300 – but these figures include shipping and deliver in the room of your choice.
Important treadmill assembly fact
Not all online treadmill stores offer treadmill assembly. If you want assembly, be sure to ask whether it’s offered.
You can read many reviews expounding on the frustration of hauling the treadmill throughout the house and then assembling it.
No related posts.