If you live in Canada and are looking to get a treadmill or elliptical fitness equipment machine for your home, you’re not alone. Many Canadians buy fitness equipment such as treadmills and ellipticals for their homes for a number of reasons – such as living in remote areas with no commercial gyms and/or the cold winters are not so great for running and walking outside for much of the year.
The question is where to start your search for a treadmill or elliptical trainer? These days, fortunately, there are several options to buy a treadmill or elliptical trainer if you live in Canada. You can shop online and/or go to a nearby fitness equipment store in your Canadian city.
This Canada treadmill and elliptical fitness equipment store directory lists both your best online and offline options. One thing to keep in mind if you shop for fitness equipment online is to inquire about the shipping costs and any duty/tax charges if shipped from the USA.
Online fitness equipment stores for a Treadmill or Elliptical
These online fitness equipment stores ship to Winnipeg for reasonable shipping costs.
- Treadmill Factory (headquartered in Ontario, but they ship all over Canada)
- Sole Treadmills (click the Canadian flag on the Sole’s home page).
- Sears Canada
- Yowza Fitness
- Smooth Fitness
Offline (Brick and Mortar Stores) by Canadian City (alphabetical order)
Fitness Equipment Online vs. Offline Stores
The advantages to buying a treadmill or elliptical fitness equipment machine online is cost and variety. Typically the cost, even if shipping costs are additional, is you can save money. This makes sense because some fitness equipment online retailers such as Yowza Fitness, Smooth Fitness, and Sole Treadmills don’t have traditional brick and mortar stores to finance. Another benefit to shopping online is the spectacular variety of fitness equipment machines available to you. If you go to a brick and mortar store, your selection is limited. Some stores only sell select brands, and may only have a few treadmills, ellipticals, and other fitness equipment of those brands.
Of course a great advantage to shopping in a brick and mortar store is you can try out the fitness equipment and get a feel for it. There is no substitute to actually using a treadmill or elliptical as part of your buying research. That said, there is no requirement that you actually buy from the offline retail outlet. You can physically inspect any fitness equipment and then purchase it online.
Suggested Approach to Buying Fitness Equipment for Canadians
The amount of information on fitness equipment such as treadmills and elliptical trainers on the Internet is staggering – but that is good for you, the consumer. Here’s a step-by-step buying process.
- Learn generally about the features and corresponding price ranges of the type of equipment your looking for.
- Set a budget.
- Create a list of the must-have features. For example, if you’re over 6 feet tall, you’ll probably want a treadmill running surface that is 60 inches long.
- Create a short list of the models that meet your feature criteria. Include on your short list the corresponding prices.
- Call around to local gyms and fitness equipment stores to see if they carry any brands/models on your short list.
- Go to the gym and do a drop-in to try the fitness equipment if they have your brand / model. Also go to any nearby fitness equipment stores to physically inspect the brands/models on your short list.
- Compare the prices between the online stores and offline stores.
- Understand that Yowza, Smooth Fitness, and Sole do not sell their fitness equipment in retail stores. You’ll find, however, these 3 fitness equipment makers offer pretty good treadmills and ellipticals.
- Finally, choose and buy the treadmill or elliptical (or whatever fitness equipment item) you select.
Why aren’t all Canadian Towns and Cities listed in our directory?
We feature listings in the larger Canadian towns and cities. The fact is many smaller towns simply don’t have a fitness equipment retailer. If we miss a smaller town or city that does, we apologize and we welcome you to contact us and let us know.
No related posts.