The Ultimate Guide to San Antonio Fitness Equipment
San Antonio, Texas is the home of Sea World, Six Flags, and an almost endless list of other exciting attractions. It is a great place to visit due to its hot climate, but it also happens to be a great place to live. If you’re ready to get in shape and look your best there are definitely many places to go for San Antonio fitness equipment. If you’re ready to take home your San Antonio treadmill or San Antonio elliptical, this guide is perfect for you.
This is one of the best places to live when it comes to physical fitness, so let’s discover the best San Antonio fitness equipment stores and then explore other exciting ways to get active in this humid Texas city.
3. Brick and Mortar San Antonio Fitness Equipment Stores
(In alphabetical order)
The great thing about purchasing a San Antonio treadmill or San Antonio elliptical is the mix of small stores selling San Antonio fitness equipment and larger chain stores such as Dick’s and Sports Authority. This allows you to compare prices to ensure you get the best deal possible on the best equipment.
Bringing home a San Antonio treadmill or San Antonio elliptical is a great start, but getting healthy requires a more active lifestyle. The rest of this guide to San Antonio fitness equipment is based on the most popular activities in the city. Get ready to get outdoors and get active!
San Antonio Sporting Events
We are really lucky here in San Antonio because we have the perfect climate for outdoor sports events. From running and biking to the complete triathlon, this is the perfect place to set a fitness goal and get active.
Here is a good list of sporting events to be enjoyed right here in San Antonio:
- SARR Freedom Run: A 4 mile run sponsored by the San Antonio Road Runners held in July.
- Rock n Roll San Antonio Marathon: Marathon and half marathon running event held with the accompaniment of live bands along the course. Draws thousands of participants in November.
- 10K Jalepeno Del Sol Trail Run: 10K trail run through heavy woods held in August.
- Fiesta Wildflower Ride: 23, 40, and 100 mile biking races held in April.
- Loop 1604 Peloton Ride: 100 mile bike ride around loop 1604 that is held in May.
- Walk and Roll: Fun biking and walking festival with a race in May.
- Tour de Cure: Biking event held by the American Diabetes Association. Held in May.
- U.S. Women’s Triathlon Series: Triathlon event with weekend festivities and an event for women of all fitness capabilities. Held in September and is for women only.
Running and walking events are great fitness goals. You may not be in shape for them right now, but pick one that is at least a few months away then visit the above San Antonio fitness equipment stores to purchase your San Antonio treadmill or San Antonio elliptical. Then you have no excuse but to start training your body!
San Antonio Professional Sports Teams
Where’s Your San Antonio Spirit? While you’re purchasing your San Antonio home fitness equipment and working toward those physical fitness goals, why not cheer on your San Antonio professional sports teams as well? Here are the teams proud to call San Antonio home:
- San Antonio Spurs: Professional NBA team with 4 championships to their credit. They are the only professional sports team coming out of San Antonio are a great pride to locals. Find their home games at the AT&T center where they entertain crowds of thousands.
- San Antonio Silver Stars: WNBA team established in 1997. They also play out of the AT&T center.
- San Antonio Rampage: You haven’t experienced hockey until you experience the Rampage at the AT&T center. The team was established in 2002.
- San Antonio Missions: Minor league baseball team playing at Wolff Stadium.
- In 2011, the University of Texas at San Antonio will hit the field with its first football team, the Roadrunners. This is a brand new team making a brand new start just like you. Why not get out on the field and cheer them on?
- Obviously, the premier sports arena in San Antonio is the AT&T Center. Originally opened in 2002, this arena can hold near 20,000 people and features a wide variety of sports from basketball to the rodeo. It is currently operated by Spurs & Sports Entertainment.
- Wolff Stadium is the best place to go for baseball, whether it is little league or home games for the minor league team, San Antonio Missions. It has been in existence since 1994.
You in San Antonio
Are you excited about getting active in San Antonio? While you are shopping San Antonio fitness equipment stores for your San Antonio treadmill or San Antonio elliptical, make sure to explore this great city just as a tourist would. There are tons of exciting things to do, including:
- Walking the amusement parks
- Touring parks and museums
- Dancing at the any night clubs
San Antonio is a very exciting place to get into shape. Get out to the nigh clubs and shake off the pounds or spend your weekend afternoons at one of the many parks surrounding the city. Then go home and hop on your San Antonio fitness equipment to burn off a few extra calories. You can do it!
End of the San Antonio Fitness Equipment: Treadmill and Elliptical Stores article